Before you select a bare policy with little coverage, assess which type of auto insurance you will need.
Your auto insurance is a collection of different policies that cover you in different ways. While you know that you need auto insurance, do you know what types you will need? Staying safe on the roads depends on your policy, so be sure to assess the coverage.
– These policies help cover liability and expenses when you’re at fault in an accident. From medical expenses to property repair to legal defense, it can help you when you injure or damage people or their property.
Bodily Injury Liability
– This policy pays for the medical expenses of people injured in a crash in which you’re at fault. The policy will have a limit of a set dollar amount that it will pay out per incident for a single person’s injuries and for all injuries sustained by all occupants.
Property Damage Liability
– Coverage for damage done to the other car if you’re at fault in an accident.
Personal Injury Protection
– This covers your medical expenses, as well as your passengers’ medical expenses, after an accident. If you lose time at work because of your injuries, this policy may also cover lost wages.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
– This helps cover costs if someone without insurance hits you or who has too little insurance to cover the cost of damages.
– If you are involved in an accident with another vehicle, the collision portion of your coverage will pay for the damages to your car once you have paid the deductible.
– This policy covers costs if your car is stolen or damaged outside of an accident.
For all of your car
coverage needs to keep all of your vehicles protected, contact
C.V. Mason Insurance Agency in Bristol, Connecticut. We will work with you to ensure you have the right amount of auto insurance coverage, all at the right price to fit your budget.