Early signs that you may need a roof replacement.
It’s hard to know when you might need a new roof, especially as it’s not something you check every day. As a homeowner, you have a long list of maintenance tasks to fulfill, and the roof often gets pushed to the bottom. However, the roof is your home’s first line of defense against weather conditions and natural disasters, which is why it is so important to keep it in good condition. Watch out for these signs that could indicate that it’s time for a new roof.
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped
- Bald spots where granules are missing
- Gutters with granules in them
- Cracked or missing shingles
- If your roof is more than 20 years old
- Neighbors are getting new roofs
- Dark streaks caused by airborne algae
- Moss accumulation
- Letting in water or light
Keep in mind that your homeowners insurance policy will help to repair your roof if it is damaged in a covered peril. You cannot use your home insurance policy to replace your old and worn out roof as this is considered general maintenance that is the homeowner’s responsibility.
To protect your home throughout all sorts of disasters that are out of your control, visit the team at C.V. Mason Insurance Agency. Our home insurance
policies work to protect residents in Bristol and neighboring cities in Connecticut. Give our experts a call for more information.