Keep summer safe with these pool safety tips.
The summer is never quite complete without a refreshing dip in a cool pool. Unfortunately, this source of summer fun can also be a source of danger and accident for those who aren’t careful. To keep your summer safe and fun, check out these dos and don’ts of summer pool fun to avoid accident and injury.
- Set family rules and ensure that everyone – including guests – know them.
- Keep children and pets away from the filter inlet. This can be hazardous as it can draw him or her underwater.
- Teach your children how to swim and encourage them to wear safety floatation devices until they are confident.
- Keep an eye on children while they are in the pool or around it.
- Evacuate the pool in rain and thunderstorms.
- Install secure fencing to keep people and pets out of the pool without your knowledge.
- Make a pool safety kit. Stock it with first aid supplies and a pair of scissors to cut away clothing or hair that may get stuck in a drain or floatation device.
- Maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of the pool.
- Leave children or pets unattended – even for a couple of minutes.
- Swim alone.
- Drink alcohol and swim.
- Drink in the dark without sufficient lighting.
- Invite too many guests over that they need to stand near the edge of the pool.
- Allow running, diving, or pushing in the pool.
- Allow glass or sharp items in the pool area.
With these pool safety tips for summer, you and your children will be able to safely swim all through the season! For the peace of mind to know that your finances and assets are protected, contact
C.V. Mason Insurance Agency, serving Bristol and surrounding cities.