Take the time to review your insurance policies this season.
As the end of the year is approaching, many of us vow to make better choices in the new year. Part of this, as insurance policyholders, should be to ensure that our coverages protect us all year round. This can help us to save time and money in the long run, especially if an accident were to occur. If you aren’t sure where to start, check out these tips on how to review your insurance policies.
- Assess your current vehicle. Are you driving a particularly old vehicle? It may be time to lower your comprehensive and collision coverage if the value of the vehicle is low.
- If your vehicle is relatively new and valuable, you should ensure that you have plenty of coverage to repair it to its current condition if it is damaged or destroyed in an accident. It is also worth checking out uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage to protect you from hit and runs and getting into accidents with motorists with low or no insurance coverage.
- Is your teen about to start driving? He or she should be added onto your insurance policy, and you may want to increase your coverage – especially as learner drivers are prone to make a few bumps.
- Have you remodeled the kitchen, bathroom, or bedroom lately? From adding a master suite to updating appliances, if the value or safety of your property has increased, your insurance should be increased to match the current value.
- If you’ve added a trampoline, swimming pool, or adopted a certain dog breed recently, you may need increased liability insurance to protect you from injury claims.
- Update your home inventory to include all of your precious holiday gifts that you received underneath the tree. If you were gifted high-value items, such as art, jewelry, antiques, you may need additional coverage to protect these belongings.
It’s important to review and update your insurance policies regularly so that you always have the right protection in place. If you don’t, you may be leaving your assets and finances vulnerable.
Talk to the insurance professionals to get started on securing the right insurance for your needs in Bristol, Connecticut. C.V. Mason Insurance Agency
are here to help.